Our instructors are accomplished teachers and men and women that have experience in the citizenship process in the East Valley. These include mayors, city and town council members, county supervisors, and members of the Arizona House of Representatives. We have even had the former President of the Arizona Senate, Arizona Secretary of State, and a gubernatorial candidate offer instruction at our event.
Bill Nelson, Advancement & Awards Committee Chairman of the Grand Canyon Council has said of this event that it, “will greatly assist the Scouts understanding many of the subjects whose knowledge he will need for the citizenship merit badge.”
Classes that will be offered:
- Citizenship in the Community
- Citizenship in the Nation
- Citizenship in the World
- American Heritage
Youth may sign up for one class per night. Scout leaders do not need to purchase a ticket.
Materials for the classes will be provided. However, it is encouraged that the youth review the official BSA pamphlet on the topic for further learning and instructions. Youth who are unable to attend the live event, or anyone who would like to review the materials in advance, are welcome to downloadable materials here.
- Location: Mesquite Jr High School, 130 W Mesquite St, Gilbert, AZ 85233.
- Check-in begins at 6:30pm. To avoid interruption, no youth will be admitted after 7:00pm.
- Youth are encouraged to attend in a full Class A Uniform and bring a pen or pencil to take notes.
Classes fill up fast. Don’t miss out! Purchase your tickets now!
Direct questions regarding registration to Dwayne Farnsworth, 480.229.3300.